There is a passion that comes with running a vineyard that you don’t find in other businesses. It’s a passion that comes from knowledge because owning a winery is so fascinating, isn’t it?
Your business is full of nuances that many outside the industry just don’t understand. Owners know the right time to plant. They know the perfect soil and temperature for the grape. They have to make critical decisions such as how much to bottle even before a successful harvest is in the barrel. For you, wine is very serious business. In fact, many owners involve their entire families in the operation. Success means sustainability for future generations.
The consumer rarely understands all that goes into producing each new vintage and many times simply buys wine because of the name, the look of the brand or the romance copy on the back of the bottle.
Once they try your product, you know they will enjoy it and become a life-long customer. Yet, no matter how much passion and hard work goes into getting the wine in the bottle and on the shelf, the consumer will decide in moments if your vineyard is worth a try.
There is no doubt that the label on the bottle is what people consume first. It’s one of the most important marketing tools you will develop for your business.
Are you thinking of changing your label or exploring new ideas for your next successful variety? It can get complicated!
Here are some of the questions you will need to explore:
- What substrate will look the best with my ink colors?
- Do I want to use white ink or perhaps a clear label to achieve a certain effect?
- Will I need to put a laminate over the label so it lasts longer in the fridge or ice bucket?
- Do I want to add a foil or an embossed graphic?
- Does my label match my suggested price point and target demographic?
- How am I going to apply the labels?
- How will the labels hold up in storage?
- How do I make sure I have enough labels on hand for bottling day?
- Can my dies be used for more than one label or do I need multiples?
- Do I want a label set or just a wraparound label?
- What will be my specific brand elements that I will carry over to other labels?
Whenever business details are occasionally more than you bargained for when you put that first vine in the ground, your passion for a great wine sustains you. You need a label supplier who is passionate about and understands wine labels the way you understand wine. Look for a vendor that can help you with all of the above questions and more! Be sure you are getting digitally printed labels, so there’s never a plate charge. Insist on changes to wording or design being simple and inexpensive, even on short runs of specialty labels, while quality and color consistency are always assured.
We have helped hundreds of wineries just like yours increase sales by crafting labels to get their wine off the shelf and into the shopping cart. In short, our wine label experts will help make the label on your bottle as interesting as your wine, so that you can focus on your passion.
Ready to “uncomplicate” your wine labels? Let your local Curtis 1000 Uncomplication Expert show you how we can help. Call us at 877-287-8715 or visit us on our website at www.curtis1000.com and fill out the “How Can We Help You?” form today!